Primary duties include:
- Begins to manage all network servers and other network components including installation, configuration and maintenance in a timely manner.
- Provides onsite and remote technical support.
- Troubleshoots and resolves client network and application issues in accordance with our Managed Service Plans (MSP).
- Gathers information regarding problems that cannot be resolved at the Help Desk Level 1 Technician.
- Works with senior level staff to determine and resolve high level problems.
- Begins to provide customers with information on Company’s products and services.
- Develops and maintains network security procedures.
- Adds, removes, and changes authorities for network users
- Resolves problems reported by end users for local and wide area networks, personal computers, networking equipment (switches, routers, etc.) and provides answers to complex questions related to these systems.
- Maintains documentation of the network, telecommunications and telephone systems.
- Establishes and maintains contact with vendors for support and problem resolution.
- Trains users in the use of software and hardware.
- Possess knowledge of standard networking protocols
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and follow complex and written instructions.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Provides quality customer service to all clients in a timely and professional manner (in person, by telephone by remote desktop or via e-mail).
- On-site visits required for monthly maintenance, IT related issues, and new setups/installations.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
The candidate must possess these abilities:
- Demonstrates a positive, professional attitude and desire to advance.
- Follows firm procedures and policies.
- Requests and learns from feedback.
- Actively seeks work and communicates availability to manager.
- Identifies potential risks and seeks guidance.
- Learn quickly, multi-task and retain detailed information.
- Work under time pressure, maintaining a professional attitude, meeting deadlines while resolving issues swiftly with the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Dependability with regards to attendance and punctuality.
- Successfully handle routine day-to-day matters as well as complex technical issues independently, assuming responsibility without constant direct supervision.
- Strong computer, organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Initiative to perform self-review for completeness and accuracy.
- Experience working with senior level executives.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a minimum of 3 years experience in microcomputer and network support.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
- This position requires approximately 30-50% of travel, therefore reliable transportation is required.
- Needs to have the ability to work after hours and/or weekends when necessary.
- Attends professional development and training sessions to keep up-to-date with regulatory and industry changes and to meet your individual goals.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or related field.
- CCNA, MCSE, or similar certification preferred.
As an ECC IT Solutions employee, you will be able to learn, lead, serve and be recognized for your contributions. Individuals who thrive at ECC IT Solutions are motivated, talented, serious, and diligent and want to join and remain a part of a winning team. Our goal is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our employees. We offer opportunities for career advancement and continued education, a great employee benefits package, and a relaxed work environment.
About ECC IT Solutions
ECC IT Solutions delivers cost-effective and results-driven managed IT support services, network security, cloud computing, storage protection, disaster recovery, computer upgrade and support services, and IT infrastructure assessment and design. We work closely with clients to bring specialized knowledge, invaluable skills, and certified professionals to address their critical technology and business process needs. For more information about ECC IT Solutions, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.