ECC IT Solutions, a business technology services firm based in Rockville, MD, is seeking a highly motivated, talented, and detail-oriented IT Help Desk Technician to join our team.
The IT Help Desk Technician will be responsible for providing remote and onsite customer technical support by collecting trouble tickets, analyzing and escalating issues, carrying out solutions, and tracking tickets to completion. The person in this role will be expected to travel to client sites approximately 25% of the time, therefore access to reliable transportation is required.
- Provide remote and onsite help desk and other related support while demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
- Work under the supervision of senior level staff to determine and resolve problems.
- Provide desktop support services and activities with a high level of customer satisfaction including: installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, thin clients, and software.
- Configure and troubleshoot MS Office applications for clients.
- Properly configure agents to ensure reliable backup and recovery functions for client desktop and laptop computers.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues impacting performance and availability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client network and application issues in accordance with our Managed Service Provider (MSP) plans.
- Maintain and update documentation for assigned projects and systems.
- Assist in the implementation of telecommunications systems, including VOIP, cell phones and mailbox management, etc.
- Provide quality customer service to all clients in a timely and professional manner (in person, over the phone, by remote desktop, or by e-mail).
- Take ownership of assigned projects including communicating the status and progress of those projects and completing them within timeframe.
- Actively seeks work and communicates availability to management.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Must possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to work after hours and/or weekends when needed
- Ability to travel locally
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Good communication and writing skills
- Comprehensive understanding of data analysis techniques
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications for clients
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems
- Ability to learn quickly, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in driving projects to successful completion
- Ability to organize and carry out a wide variety of tasks in a timely manner and determine when to consult with manager/supervisor about setting priorities
- Experience working with senior level executives
- Flexible, highly organized, open to feedback with excellent follow-through skills
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Serve as a mentor to staff at all levels
- Professional and highly self-motivated
As an ECC IT employee, you will be empowered to learn, lead, serve, and be recognized for your hard work. Individuals who thrive at ECC IT are motivated, talented, and dedicated and are ready to join and remain part of a winning team.
At ECC IT, our mission is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our employees. We offer opportunities for career advancement and continued education, a great employee benefits package, and a relaxed work environment.
Launched in 2011 by E. Cohen and Company, CPAs, the accounting firm thousands of businesses trust because of their ability to anticipate and provide reliable, cost-effective, and results-driven solutions, ECC IT Solutions offers the same successful methods to meet your emerging technology needs. ECC IT Solutions delivers cost-effective and results-driven managed IT support services, network security, cloud computing, storage protection, disaster recovery, computer upgrade and support services, and IT infrastructure assessment and design. The firm works closely with clients across multiple industries to bring specialized knowledge, invaluable skills, and certified professionals to address their critical technology and business process needs. With decades of cross-industry experience, ECC IT Solutions’ leadership team provides specialized knowledge and unparalleled success to our clients. For more information about ECC IT Solutions, please visit https://eccitsolutions.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.